NBBFs general rules apply with these exceptions:
- Playing time U13 and up: 2 x 10 minutes, running time (group stage), 2 x 12 minutes, running time (playoffs).
- Last 2 minutes of the game: Stoppage time if the score is within 8 points of each other, else running time.
- Playing time U10 and U12: 4 x 5 minutes, effective time.
- Substitutions are continuous. No need to wait for a dead ball situation.
- Four (4) personal fouls.
- Five (5) team fouls.
- 1 time out per period (unused time outs do not carry over to the next period)
- Referees administer the shot clock
- In case of ties and the end of game there will be an additional 2 minute extra period. In case of a tie at the end of the extra period, there shall be another extra period decided by "sudden death". This second extra period will start with a tip-off mid court.
Age groups Pirates Cup 2022:
G is for the Norwegian "gutter" (boys), while J is for the Norwegian "jenter" (girls)
U11 , players born 2011 or younger
U12 , players born 2010 or younger
U13 , players born 2009 or younger
U14 , players born 2008 or younger
U15 , players born 2007 or younger
U16 , players born 2006 or younger
U17 , players born 2005 or younger
U19 , players born 2003 or younger
Senior series is open to any age, limited participation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: In case of less than 4 teams in an age group, that age group will be combined with another. We will try our best to hold a final between the teams in an age group regardless of it being combined with another
Apart from the possible combination of U17->U19, we will not combine 3 age groups into one category.
Please keep this in mind when registering teams in these age groups.
You may apply to use overage players in an age group. You are allowed a maximum of one (1) overage player per team. The application must be evaluated before this player is approved.
In case a club has several teams in the tournament, a player may play on several teams as long as they are not in the same age group, the player is eligible to play in that age group and it doesn't lead to an organizational problem during scheduling.
Players may not play for several clubs in the tournament, nor are they allowed to play on several teams in the same age group.
Protest may be handed to the secretariat during the cup. You must pay a non-refundable protest fee of 350 NOK when handing in a protest. A committee will form a swift decision on the protest and all teams involved will be informed through the proper channels.
In case of edits to these rules, the participating teams shall be informed through e-mail.